Our farm stand CSA is a type of Community Supported Agriculture. Through our farm stand and farmers markets we reach out to their surrounding neighborhood and provide wholesome, healthy, fresh food. In our CSA arrangement, customers purchase a “share” in our bountiful harvest, which spans from May-Oct. You get to meet the growers of your food and we benefit from a stable market for our delicious fruits and vegetables. At the root of this concept is a mutually beneficial relationship between farmer and customer.
CSA’s are good for customers
- You feed your family nutritious fresh fruits and vegetables that were grown in an environmentally friendly way.
- You get unlimited u-pick access to certain crops
- As a loyal customer you get a discount on prices, and first dibs on early or scarce crops
- Through this relationship we can better serve the nutritional needs of our community as we learn what you care about
CSA’s are good for farmers
- We have a predictable sales outlet for our produce
- We get closer contact with our customers, giving us more opportunity to learn what you really like
- We get income early in the season, when resources are at their lowest and expenses at their highest
Amongst America’s increasingly large-scale food production system, CSA farms stand out as a unique place where relationship and trust is at the heart of our nourishment.
Join Our CSA
When you buy a share in our Farmstand CSA, you pay for the season of fresh fruit and veggies in the spring, then all season long you take just the produce you like from our farm stand in Owego or from our booth at the farmers market. Your account will be debited the value of your purchase. No cash necessary!
Fill your “farm account” by the following dates:
By February 13, 2018:
- Try our CSA Sampler and signup before February 13 and pay $75 to get $80 worth of produce
- $140 buys you $150 worth of produce
- $275 buys you $300 worth of produce
After February 13, 2018:
- $140 buys you $145 worth of produce
- $275 buys you $290 worth of produce
If your account runs empty, add more money mid-season with the same discount policy.
U-pick for CSA members:
Stop by and U-pick peas, cherry tomatoes, beans, and berries… When we have limited amounts CSA customers will be offered first dibs. If we happen to have a surplus, CSA members will be privy to some great deals.
Use it this year:
Your account must be used up by Dec 1, 2018. Our CSA is a “subscription” to the farm for 2018, but isn’t meant to be a running account year-to-year. You can monitor your balance at every purchase, and there are plenty of opportunities to stock up on storage veggies if you have money to use at the end of the year. We encourage you to use your full account, right down to the last penny. Money left after Dec 1 will be consolidated to create CSA accounts for those in need in our area—thank you!
Sign Me Up!
Fill out our membership form: CSA_Application_form 2018
Pay with cash or check:
Check made out to Our Green Acres, mail with completed membership form to 3965 Waverly Road, Owego, NY 13827
Download our printable (pdf) CSA_brochure 2018.
Questions? You can reach Frank Wiles at 607-687-2874 (house and stand) or 607-765-6505 (cell)