- We are picking our sweet corn at the moment – It looks quite good
- We have a good supply of tomatoes and green peppers
- Our sweet onions look like a great crop – Keith and Canon just pulled some, weighing in at about 3 pounds each!
– This season continues to be a challenge – the drought is real.
– The wild life are out of control – The deer are ruining what good corn we have, and they are also pulling up strawberry plants. The chipmunks and squirrels are eating our day-neutral strawberries, and the woodchucks like our summer squash.
– We have a good sweet onion crop
– We have a good supply of leeks
– Field tomatoes look super
– Pickling cucumbers and eggplant – just starting
– We still have U-Pik blueberries!
– We have a good supply of slicing cucumbers
– Garlic at the stand
– Free stone peaches and our own raspberries – about August 15th!
– End of sweet cherries – August 15th
Starting Monday, June 20th – 8:00am – Noon
The picking is not good – the strawberries are of fair quality. We are calling them “exercise berries”
The stand will be open starting Tuesday, June 21st, 1pm – 6pm and will continue to be open afternoons for a while
EMMI Farms from Syracuse will be supplying us with strawberries
We will also have our own lettuce, cucumber, swiss chard and pulled beets
Singer Farms of Appleton, NY (the only farm in NY that has sweet cherries this year), will be providing sweet cherries for us starting about July 4th
The rest of our crops are looking good, but growing slower than normal
Our sweet onions look super to me!
Our Strawberries this year are a poor crop and a late crop. Hopefully we will have some berries the week of the 20th of June
We are way behind on the stand, but will be open in late June. Stay tuned
We will be open at Rite Aid in Owego on Tuesday, June 14th from 9am-1pm
– High Tunnel Tomatoes look good
– Potatoes are planted
– New strawberries have been planted
– Oats – are in and up
– Asparagus – the old bed is tired so we put in a new bed – they are up and look good
– Onions – are up and growing. They look great
The time has come to signup for the 2016 CSA! Please click on the Farmstand CSA link for the new brochure and application! See you all soon!
We are still open at the farm stand and have the following: broccoli, cauliflower, apples (Jona Gold), potatoes (lots!), cabbage, kale, lettuce, beets, and great chicken straw.